Saturday, January 22, 2011

A personal message of welcome

Dear Reader, 


I Thessalonians 4:13 says,  Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope."  (New International Version)  This message is central to the purpose of this blog.  It is my hope that all who are facing loss and grief might have people in their lives who help them find the hope and peace that will sustain them through such a difficult time.  It is right and appropriate that we should mourn.  The Apostle Paul did not write "do not grieve".  He wrote, "do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope."  Tears, pain, loneliness, confusion...these things are all a natural part of the experience of loss and grief.  However, there is hope.  This hope is based in the promise of resurrection and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.  


I have rarely experienced this hope in such a moving way as I did this week reading the book, Heaven is For Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo.   I highly commend this book to anyone who needs to be lifted up by the hope and promise of eternal life, who wonders about their loved ones who have gone before them or is struggling with their own mortality.  


Blessings for the journey to each of you.  Check back often.  I look forward to hearing from you. 

3 comments:

  1. look forward to your posts, and admire your gifts. Blessings, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, look forward to your thoughts and reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo the above comments, Robyn. I will be following your blog. =) HUGS to you.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete